Congratulations to the recipients of the 2019-2020 funding competition. This year the Trust awarded over $50,000 in scholarships, bursaries and research awards.
Registered nurses and nurse practitioners, through their contributions to the Trust, ease the financial burden of nursing students enrolled in basic education, and their nursing colleagues who are pursuing professional development and continuing education. Thanks to the continued support of RNs, NPs and some generous donors, the Trust is able to provide funding opportunities that foster nursing knowledge.
- COVID-19 UPDATE: The Trust is aware that attendance at continuing education events, particularly conferences, may be impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic as events are cancelled and travel is restricted. We will closely monitor the impact on our continuing education competitions and will look at alternate options to allocate the funding. Additional information will be posted here as it becomes available. If you have questions about your application, please contact the Coordinator at email@example.com.
- We are updating the Trust website and will continue to add/update content and links. Information and applications for the current funding competitions have been updated.
- The Special Competition deadline has passed. Applicants will be notified of the status of their applications following review by the Awards Committee.
- Applications for the Spring 2020 continuing education competition are now available. Continuing education events (e.g., certification, conference, course) between January 1 and June 30, 2020 are eligible. The application deadline is April 15, 2020.
- Team Broken Earth is now accepting applications for the 2020 Carolyn Churchill Scholarship. Applications are accepted from recently graduated Registered Nurses and individuals holding a Bachelor of Nursing degree who reflect Carolyn’s spirit, enthusiasm and devotion to others. The application deadline is April 30, 2020.
- Notice: the Constitution of the Trust was updated at a Special Meeting held on October 18th. Click here to view the updated document.
- The 2019 Annual Meeting of the Trust was held on Wednesday, June 12, 2019. Details and meeting documents are available on the Annual Meeting page.
- For more information about the Scholarship Fund Decision, please see the About the Trust page.